JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- House bill H.R. 5326 eliminates American Community Survey—the impact for nonprofits
- Pay for Success: Thoughts on the new government funding model
- Denver Rescue Mission thinks outside the box for latest fundraiser
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: March 2008
by Janine Vanderburg When asked whether all board members contribute to nonprofit organizations they serve, many of us have heard: “Well no, but I contribute my time” OR “Well our board members are from the community and can’t afford to.” … Continue reading
The Denver Post, 3/20 One in five Colorado residents earns less than the amount needed to cover basic needs, according to new study from the Colorado Fiscal Policy Institute. The Self-Sufficiency Standard, which calculates a bare-bones budget for basics like … Continue reading
Welcome to News You Can Use! Each week (or thereabouts!), we will share with you the latest news in the nonprofit sector, as well as interesting headlines that affect the world we live and work in. Education Week, 3/10 No … Continue reading
Hi, as we are preparing for a second round of Executive Director Academy, we wanted to hear more from Colorado executive directors about how they got into their current positions and what they found challenging and rewarding. JVA Consulting conducted … Continue reading