JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- Michael Jackson — King of Philanthropy?
- Long-term organizational development versus daily distractions: the wellness conundrum
- The Komen backlash—why you need an emergency communications plan
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: August 2009
A new study released by the National Conference on Citizenship finds that Americans are reducing their volunteerism during the current recession. 72 percent of respondents say they have cut back on time engaged in civic participation. 66 percent of Americans … Continue reading
Men’s Wearhouse is working to bring some relief to men who are currently seeking employment by holding its second annual National Suit Drive. The retailer is calling on citizens across the country to donate their gently-used professional attire at any … Continue reading
As the summer began, President Obama encouraged citizens across the nation to take part in an initiative called United We Serve (UWS). The idea behind the initiative is that citizens can contribute to the economic recovery through meaningful volunteer service. … Continue reading
JVA Consulting and the Rose Community Foundation have partnered in an effort to bring guidance to community members who are seeking employment or a career change. The Boomers Career and Networking Fair, which will take place at the JVA Denver … Continue reading
The number of Colorado children living in poverty increased by more than 88,000, or 85 percent, between 2000 and 2007, according to a new report by the Annie E. Casey Foundation. According to a Denver Post article, this makes Colorado … Continue reading
We just posted two job openings today, both involving community-based research. One is entry level, and the other a senior position. We are looking for high-energy researchers who love community-based research, want to work in partnership with community, and who … Continue reading
Rural nonprofits lag behind their urban counterparts in funding from the federal government, private foundations and corporations and are less able to help disadvantaged residents in their communities, a new report from the Bridgespan Group finds. Funded by Atlantic Philanthropies, … Continue reading