JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Change.org announces free online petition builder
- Great advice for starting a new job
- SAME is wonderfully different: pay what you want
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: February 2011
By John Eisenhauer, guest blogger I passionately believe in the great worth of nonprofit organizations. These organizations trade in dreams. When they succeed, a voice is given to the voiceless, power to the powerless. This is accomplished when an organization … Continue reading
by Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting Many of you by now may know that my idea to train boomers with sales backgrounds to become nonprofit fundraisers is one of 25 finalists in the national Civic Ventures Launch Pad contest. Last night, … Continue reading
by Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting First, a word on my Launch Pad contest idea—training boomers with sales backgrounds as nonprofit fundraisers—which is one of 25 finalists. If this idea is implemented, nonprofit leaders would get to spend their time on … Continue reading