JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Michael Jackson — King of Philanthropy?
- About JVA Consulting
- Preparing for a group interview: Ask Amber
- Alamosa's Test, Part I
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Assessment
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting After watching a live webcast from the White House last week about the Pay for Success: Investing in What Works model, a line from folk singer Doug Burr’s Graniteville is flowing through my mind: Wake … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting When new friends and acquaintances ask me what I do, I share that I work in organizational development. I often get a blank stare. Many nod, but I often feel like they are unsure what … Continue reading
In a blog recently posted at http://www.blueavocado.org, Jan Masaoka compares stale programs in the nonprofit sector to an old fruitcake that you just can’t bring yourself to throw away. Like a fruitcake around the holidays, you may keep a struggling … Continue reading