JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Funders' tips for effective grantwriting
- The Komen backlash—why you need an emergency communications plan
- Best free apps for young professionals: Ask Amber
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Child poverty
For Such a Time as This (FSTT), a nonprofit organization in Edgewater, CO, has been battling hunger in its community since 1995 and has monthly food pantry distributions and community dinners that feed the poor throughout the year. FSTT is … Continue reading
The number of Colorado children living in poverty increased by more than 88,000, or 85 percent, between 2000 and 2007, according to a new report by the Annie E. Casey Foundation. According to a Denver Post article, this makes Colorado … Continue reading
Welcome to News You Can Use! Each week (or thereabouts!), we will share with you the latest news in the nonprofit sector, as well as interesting headlines that affect the world we live and work in. New York Times, 2/18 … Continue reading