JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Denver Rescue Mission thinks outside the box for latest fundraiser
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- JVA’s 2011 nonprofit catchphrases
- Skateboard philanthropists use skate parks to empower native youth
- Why I believe John Hickenlooper would be the best Colorado governor for nonprofits…
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: News you can use
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, August 15, JVA Consulting was joined by funding experts Art Rimando, former director of youth success at Mile High United Way and Kumella Aiu, program officer at the Anschutz Family Foundation. During an … Continue reading
After the tragic shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the premier of The Dark Knight Rises, leaving 12 confirmed dead and 58 injured, the nonprofit community has stepped up to provide care to all affected. While some services are … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Over the weekend, El Pomar Foundation approved $205,400 in funding for firefighting and recovery efforts for wild fires across the state. El Pomar was able to quickly release this funding because of its already-existing Wild … Continue reading
An article published this morning speaks to the intensity of northern Colorado’s High Park Fire: “more than 600 firefighters and nearly 30 aircraft are continuing to fight a northern Colorado wildfire blamed for one death and damage to more than … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting A hearing led by Rep. Charles W. Boustany, Jr. (R-La.), Chairman of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight, was held yesterday to discuss issues related to IRS oversight of tax-exempt organizations. The hearing, which … Continue reading