JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Recession hits nation’s biggest charities: Bigger is not always better
- Grimm Brothers Brewhouse: Award-winning beer and community service
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Research/surveys
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article recently published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy says that donors plan to be more strategic about giving this year, focusing their efforts on organizations that demonstrate success. If you are a young professional … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting In a recently released study that used several factors to determine how giving residents from countries across the world are, the U.S. ranked fifth (tied with Switzerland) after Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland (which … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting In October and November, JVA Consulting will take its show on the road to the American Evaluation Association (AEA) 2010 Conference, which takes place in San Antonio, Texas and the American Association of Grant Professionals … Continue reading
Have you been to the Denver Zoo in the last five years? If the answer is no, the Denver Zoo wants to hear from you. In partnership with JVA Consulting, the zoo will hold several focus groups in Denver and … Continue reading
Despite recent declines in company valuations, stock prices and real estate, high-net-worth individuals in the United States and United Kingdom continue to see philanthropy as a necessary expense and would sooner give up some of their comforts than cut back … Continue reading
A report funded in part by the Wallace Foundations shows that philanthropic support women and girls is on the rise, according to a recent Philanthropy News Digest item. The report, Accelerating Change for Women and Girls: The Role of Women’s … Continue reading