JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Change.org announces free online petition builder
- How to tell a story: Spellbinders shares tips for nonprofits
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Social media
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As today’s young professionals search for ways to increase efficiency in their personal and professional lives and gain a competitive edge in their career while on the move, cell phones and tablets have become indispensable … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Did you know that social media can be more than just a place to connect with friends? When used correctly, it can also help you advance your job hunt and your nonprofit career. Blogs can … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Whether you are currently employed or job hunting, these are simple things you can do this week that could lead to a big impact on your career. From actions that take only moments to a … Continue reading →
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Where can you learn how to use a sock to curl your hair, check out what your neighbor had for dinner last night, and look at pictures of baby pandas? Why Pinterest, of course! While … Continue reading →
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting There are many lessons to be learned from the Komen fiasco that unfolded last week and continues to dominate nonprofit and mainstream media this week. In addition to lessons we mentioned in our blog last … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting While you might already feel overwhelmed with your personal New Year’s resolutions and goals for the year ahead, you shouldn’t feel overwhelmed when it comes to your nonprofit. With the help of JVA staff members … Continue reading →