JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Ask Amber: Best investments to make as a young professional
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Trends
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting The value of a well-constructed portfolio is priceless, having the potential to serve as a personal tool for organization and self-assessment and as a visual timeline of your work. About.com defines a portfolio as “an … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Have you been charged with recognizing donors? Do you wonder where your organization would be without its donors? Individual donors at all levels are as essential to your organization as large foundation grants, so be … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Lately I have been seeing article after article, blog after blog and hearing personal story after story about the value of a professional mentor. For young professionals and/or anyone new to the nonprofit sector, a … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting While you may cringe to hear the words “end-of-year appeal” while it’s still 90 degrees outside, now is the time to start working on your appeal, before it gets lost in the noise of all … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Comparing prospective employers may seem cut and dried for young professionals, but when researching nonprofits, there are a number of factors to consider. Because nonprofit budgets tend to be significantly smaller than those of corporate … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As recruiters aim to keep up with the high volume of applicants and implement creative ways to find the perfect person for their organization, some have turned to group-style interviews to allow more job seekers … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, August 15, JVA Consulting was joined by funding experts Art Rimando, former director of youth success at Mile High United Way and Kumella Aiu, program officer at the Anschutz Family Foundation. During an … Continue reading