JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- How to tell a story: Spellbinders shares tips for nonprofits
- Funders' tips for effective grantwriting
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: ACS
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting A new appropriations bill (H.R. 5326)—passed by the House of Representatives terminates the American Community Survey (ACS), which gathers social and demographic information to monitor the impact of economic trends on U.S. communities. While the … Continue reading →