JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- How to tell a story: Spellbinders shares tips for nonprofits
- Change.org announces free online petition builder
- Social enterprise headlines recent roundtable
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Collin Lessing
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Stella Carrasco and Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Recently, we (“we” being JVA’s Stella Carrasco and Collin Lessing) found ourselves equally excited for an emerging movement and partnership to prevent suicide among Native American youth that was marked with a … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing and Katy Snyder Google, Wikipedia and hundreds of other websites have shut down today in protest of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) legislation … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting JVA Consulting was recently selected by the City and County of Denver through an open bidding process to provide customized training, technical assistance and grantwriting services for public agencies of the City and County of … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Earlier in the week, my dad told me he would be flying in from Texas this coming weekend to spend Father’s Day with me, and that has me pretty excited. As a son or daughter, … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Earlier in May, JVA was pleased to welcome staff members from Colorado foundations including Miguel Lovato from the Daniels Fund, Erin Binford from the Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation, Julie Voyles from the Gill Foundation and … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting JVA is excited to announce that Vice President of Design and Innovation Ashley Kasprzak has been selected as a member of the advisory board for the University Art Museum at Colorado State University (CSU). Ashley … Continue reading