JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- Ask Amber: Best investments to make as a young professional
- Innovative ideas and big dreams bring bigger results in Harlandale Independent School District
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Facebook
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Do you want to do more for your favorite cause but don’t know where to start? If you want to strengthen your fundraising ability and show your favorite nonprofit some love at the same time, … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Did you know that social media can be more than just a place to connect with friends? When used correctly, it can also help you advance your job hunt and your nonprofit career. Blogs can … Continue reading →
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting There are many lessons to be learned from the Komen fiasco that unfolded last week and continues to dominate nonprofit and mainstream media this week. In addition to lessons we mentioned in our blog last … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting While you might already feel overwhelmed with your personal New Year’s resolutions and goals for the year ahead, you shouldn’t feel overwhelmed when it comes to your nonprofit. With the help of JVA staff members … Continue reading →
By Sarah Hidey, JVA Consulting “We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We … Continue reading →
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting This week, I had the opportunity to spend some time in Grand Junction, where JVA’s Senior Consulting/Planning Associate based on the Western Slope, Lorne Naegele, and I hosted a full-day social media workshop for nonprofits. … Continue reading →
By Collin Lessing, JVA Marketing/Communications Coordinator Let me start off by saying I am big fan of NBA basketball. I love the athleticism and strategy involved in the game, and I appreciate the impact that NBA Cares and individual athletes … Continue reading →