JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- New legislation affecting nonprofit organizations in Colorado
- Ask Amber: How to quantify your resume when you have little formal work experience
- Best free apps for young professionals: Ask Amber
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Celebrities turning to consultants to direct giving
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Janine Vanderburg
By Janine Vanderburg, President/CEO, JVA Consulting JVA’s blog started in the 2008 recession, when the media was making endless comparisons between Wall Street and Main Street. One of our staff quipped: Well, who is talking about Nonprofit Street? This blog … Continue reading
by Janine Vanderburg Since Oprah introduced the idea that expressing gratitude could result in positive effects, I’ve been interested in the notion of writing down things and experiences for which I am grateful. That there is science behind it makes … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Partnerships can make our lives easier and extend the reach of our programs. One partnership that JVA Consulting values greatly is its partnership with the United Way of Weld County. United Way’s leaders have been … Continue reading
Rewarding staff and volunteers when your budget is thin: Ideas from JVA’s Executive Director Breakfast Club.
By Wendy Silveira-Steinway and Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting We all want to appreciate staff and volunteers for a job well done. Yet many nonprofits may not have the financial capability or structures for things like bonuses or incentive compensation, rewards … Continue reading
By Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting A recent Wall Street Journal blog declared the existence of a “Montessori Mafia” among the founders of innovative and creative companies, listing the founders of Amazon and Google as examples. According to the article, a … Continue reading