JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Michael Jackson — King of Philanthropy?
- Long-term organizational development versus daily distractions: the wellness conundrum
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- The Komen backlash—why you need an emergency communications plan
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: social entrepreneurs
The Starbucks Foundation has opened the application period for Starbucks Shared Planet Youth Action Grants. These grant opportunities are available to nonprofit organizations that provide service opportunities to people ages 6–24. Grant awards will range from $10,000 to $25,000 each … Continue reading →
By Katy Snyder JVA Consulting Communications/Resource Development Associate One of the recurring themes at the recent Social Enterprise Summit in New Orleans was the perception that the U.K. and other Commonwealth countries such as Australia have a much more developed … Continue reading →
So there have been the studies released this year about the demise of books and reading, but curling up by the fire scrolling through text on a laptop or iPhone doesn’t seem to have the same appeal of settling in … Continue reading →