JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Ask Amber: Do young adults care about the environment?
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- How does your leader affect your business—lessons from TOMS shoes
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- How to tell a story: Spellbinders shares tips for nonprofits
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Volunteerism
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Make a Difference Day was held last October across the nation. I wrote about participating in Loveland as part of United Way of Larimer County’s efforts. A very small activity was cleaning the 119-year-old Feed … Continue reading
A new study released by the National Conference on Citizenship finds that Americans are reducing their volunteerism during the current recession. 72 percent of respondents say they have cut back on time engaged in civic participation. 66 percent of Americans … Continue reading