JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Leona Helmsley’s foundation to support more than dogs
- Ask Amber: Young nonprofit professionals and starting salaries
- About JVA Consulting
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Su Teatro retains spirit at new home in Denver Civic Theatre
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: young professionals
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting If you’re staring at your to-do list wondering how to get everything done, then this blog is for you. This blog is also for you if that large lunch you just devoured has you in … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Lately I have been seeing article after article, blog after blog and hearing personal story after story about the value of a professional mentor. For young professionals and/or anyone new to the nonprofit sector, a … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Comparing prospective employers may seem cut and dried for young professionals, but when researching nonprofits, there are a number of factors to consider. Because nonprofit budgets tend to be significantly smaller than those of corporate … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting For just over a year and a half, I have had the incredible privilege of being a JVA team member. From my time as an intern to my current marketing and communications coordinator position, I … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article recently published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy says that donors plan to be more strategic about giving this year, focusing their efforts on organizations that demonstrate success. If you are a young professional … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As you work to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, there are many roads you can take. Internships, volunteer positions and entry level positions are wonderful learning opportunities, but if you are still looking for … Continue reading