JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: July 2008
Are you not sure of our next career step? Have you been thinking of putting your skills to use in the nonprofit sector, but not sure how to do it? Join JVA’s expert trainers for two incredible professional development opportunities … Continue reading
By Sarah Bourassa, Communications Assistant Two men stand talking to each other by a desk in an office. One is wearing dress slacks, a V neck sweater and nice dress shoes. The other is carrying a briefcase. There is only … Continue reading
There is something going on in Denver politics this summer besides the Denver National Convention. An “initiated question” on Denver’s primary ballot would mandate that Denver police officers impound the vehicles of those stopped who don’t have their licenses with … Continue reading
By Sarah Bourassa, Communications Assistant Vacationing in an exotic place while volunteering for a good cause. What could possibly be better? But is it really as good as it sounds? Voluntourism has become a popular travel trend, especially over the … Continue reading
OJJDP Juvenile Justice, 7/15 According to analysis of data from the National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiological Survey (NLAES), the earlier persons began drinking alcohol, the more likely they were to have used other drugs illicitly. According to the survey, approximately half … Continue reading
By Sarah Bourassa, JVA Intern We’ve all heard about it: global warming, high food and gas prices, limited resources. But have we all really done our part to help the environment? This summer, JVA is taking its own steps to … Continue reading