JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: January 2009
About 61.2 million people volunteered their time in 2006, but more than one in three of them did not volunteer again in 2007, says “The New Volunteer Workforce,” which was published in the Stanford Social Innovation Review according to an … Continue reading
We’re taking a break this week from Nonprofit 911 to bring you some of the highlights (and lowlights) of 2008 for the nonprofit sector. Highlights 1. Barack Obama is elected. Along with extensive personal experience in the nonprofit sector, he … Continue reading
Scarborough Research released a study that compares 81 U.S. markets, including Denver, to understand what types of charities people in each market contribute to. According to the Denver Business Journal article, Denver is tied for second place with Washington, San … Continue reading
A study by Grantmakers for Effective Organizations finds that most foundations are not doing what is necessary to support nonprofits, according to an article in Philanthropy News Digest. The survey, Is Grantmaking Getting Smarter: A National Study of Philanthropic Practice, … Continue reading
According to Philanthropy Journal, by 2009, Wal-Mart plans to donate enough food annually to provide 70 million meals through Feeding America, formerly America’s Second Harvest. Those in-kind donations will include produce, meats and other groceries. A $2.5 million cash contribution … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder JVA Communications/Resource Development Associate Last week, we talked about Nonprofit 911—the things that nonprofits need to do ASAP to get on track in a down economy. This week, we’re talking about the real 9/11 —September 11, 2001—the … Continue reading