According to an article in Philanthropy News Digest, the Aspen Institute has announced that its bipartisan commission on No Child Left Behind and more than 30 education, business, civil rights and philanthropic organizations have joined forces to launch the Coalition for Student Achievement, which will work to ensure that the government’s $100 billion investment in education through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act yields needed reforms and results in significant, lasting gains in student achievement.
JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement