JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: April 2010
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Grantwriter/Editor The White House blog and an article in the Star Tribune recently revealed the giving preferences of the Obamas, Bidens, Bushes and Cheneys. The Obamas donated a combined total of $329,100 to a variety … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Make a Difference Day was held last October across the nation. I wrote about participating in Loveland as part of United Way of Larimer County’s efforts. A very small activity was cleaning the 119-year-old Feed … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Marketing/Communications Coordinator Let me start off by saying I am big fan of NBA basketball. I love the athleticism and strategy involved in the game, and I appreciate the impact that NBA Cares and individual athletes … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Marketing/Communications Coordinator The Denver Business Journal recently ran a story on LiveWell Colorado’s Worksite Wellness Blueprint—a study of workplace wellness that involved surveying 166 companies in Colorado. According to the article, 70 percent of the companies … Continue reading
April 13 marked the opening session of JVA Consulting’s sixth Executive Director Academy (EDA) and featured a “Genius Bar” of executive directors from diverse organizations who discussed issues ranging from board development, fundraising and evaluation to finding balance in life … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting I primarily help my children’s elementary school by fostering afterschool activities that spur creativity and critical thinking. I’m practically an expert on Odyssey of the Mind and chess club. At the same time, I must … Continue reading