JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Throughout the rest of November, JVA Consulting is holding a contest for one free Training Subscription! All entries will be included in a random drawing that will take place on December 1. We will pick one name from a hat, … Continue reading
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting When most of us decide to open our wallets and give to an organization, we usually do so because of a personal connection, a family history of giving, or word-of-mouth that tells us the cause … Continue reading
The importance of being earnest—how Water for People is paving the way for honest donor conversations
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting What would you say if someone told you the best way to get and keep donors is to tell them what is not working about your programs? That’s precisely what a recent Chronicle of Philanthropy … Continue reading
If you’re not sure about where you need to go to cast your ballot or if you don’t know if you’re registered or not, here are some resources that will you help get started.