JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: December 2010
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting While most of us think of Google as our go-to search engine, and many of us use Google Email (gmail) or Google Calendars on a regular basis, Google also has a lesser-known alter ego—Google for … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Not sure about your work projects, but a few of mine have been especially trying lately. Most projects are successful, a rare few don’t work as well as I’d hope and some I always wonder … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Community First Foundation and FirstBank and set their sites high when they decided to raise $1 million in one day for Colorado nonprofits. In Tuesday’s Nonprofit Street post by Janine Vanderburg, she reminded us that … Continue reading
By Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, December 8 at 12 a.m. the long-awaited Colorado Gives Day will begin. The goal: Raise $ 1 million in one day for Colorado nonprofits. Spearheaded by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank, the … Continue reading