JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: January 2011
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting This week has been a busy one at JVA. After a particularly long day yesterday, I opened my fridge to grab a beer and happened upon a Finnegans Irish Amber that a friend had left … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting “Join us. It’s time to change the world again.” That’s what the Power Point slide projecting against a wall read at the Boomers Leading Change in Health (BLCiH) offices, and it’s that sentiment that filled … Continue reading
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting The people of southern Sudan are in the middle of what could be the most important week in the history of the country—an historic vote to decide whether they should remain united with the northern … Continue reading
JVA Consulting is thrilled to announce that the orientation and training sessions for Boomers Leading Change in Health, an initiative to harness the experience and energy of adults age 50+ in meaningful action to improve the health of the community, … Continue reading
This post summarizes great advice from a variety of sources on starting a new job. Continue reading
The following is Donn Hansum’s book review of When Helping Hurts: Alleviating Poverty Without Hurting the Poor…and Yourself by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert. by Donn Hansum, Director at Volunteers in Action This book has recently been very helpful to … Continue reading