JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: May 2011
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Earlier in May, JVA was pleased to welcome staff members from Colorado foundations including Miguel Lovato from the Daniels Fund, Erin Binford from the Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation, Julie Voyles from the Gill Foundation and … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Continuing with our occasional theme of beer-related Friday posts (and in honor of this week being National Craft Brew Week), this blog looks into the phenomenon of bars that collect charitable donations or host charity … Continue reading
By Julia Alvarez, JVA Consulting On Saturday, June 4, 11 JVA staff members will lace up their running and walking shoes to participate in Jodi’s Race for Awareness (JRA), the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance’s (COCA) annual 5K and one-mile race … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting I first happened upon the Meatless Monday campaign a few months back. I was looking for Valentine’s Day (which happened to fall on a Monday) dinner ideas for my husband and me that were cheaper … Continue reading
By Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting A recent Wall Street Journal blog declared the existence of a “Montessori Mafia” among the founders of innovative and creative companies, listing the founders of Amazon and Google as examples. According to the article, a … Continue reading
By Jennifer Johnson, JVA Consulting I recently learned some great tips for making fundraising events a success through my work as a volunteer on the committee for a new event, Totally Tennyson. In my career, I have done a lot … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting JVA is excited to announce that Vice President of Design and Innovation Ashley Kasprzak has been selected as a member of the advisory board for the University Art Museum at Colorado State University (CSU). Ashley … Continue reading