JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: June 2011
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting The good news: We may finally be out of the woods in regards to charitable giving: A new report from Giving USA shows that for the first time since 2007, total estimated charitable giving increased … Continue reading
by Jennifer Johnson, JVA Consulting Although having a diverse board is the goal of many nonprofit executive directors, the question of how to reach this goal is not simple, and there’s no straight line to a diverse board representing all … Continue reading
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT SENIOR ASSOCIATE-PROJECT MANAGER, SPECIALIZING IN GRANTWRITING AND FUND DEVELOPMENT Company Description: JVA Consulting is the leading firm in the Rocky Mountains specializing in community and social change work. In the last two years, we have served over 500 … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting We’ve officially entered race season, folks. No, I’m not talking the Derby, but charity races, which seem to be as ubiquitous these days as silent auctions and other nonprofit fundraising stand-bys. A recent SmartMoney article … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Earlier in the week, my dad told me he would be flying in from Texas this coming weekend to spend Father’s Day with me, and that has me pretty excited. As a son or daughter, … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Many of my family members are attorneys and like to dress well—especially if they have an important client meeting or a trial. Putting on a nice suit is just one small element to “suiting up.” … Continue reading