JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: August 2011
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting JVA Consulting was recently selected by the City and County of Denver through an open bidding process to provide customized training, technical assistance and grantwriting services for public agencies of the City and County of … Continue reading
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting When the deal to raise the debt ceiling was signed into law August 2, many were relieved that the U.S. would not have to default on its debts, and nonprofits were relieved that for the … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Back in January 2010, we shared on Nonprofit Street that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey had approved a request from the Mizel Museum to acquire steel from the World Trade Center … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting At JVA Consulting, a week doesn’t go by that I don’t talk about the power of individual leaders in fundraising. There’s clear evidence that individuals of all backgrounds and wealth categories can have influence in … Continue reading
Rewarding staff and volunteers when your budget is thin: Ideas from JVA’s Executive Director Breakfast Club.
By Wendy Silveira-Steinway and Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting We all want to appreciate staff and volunteers for a job well done. Yet many nonprofits may not have the financial capability or structures for things like bonuses or incentive compensation, rewards … Continue reading
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Although disturbing images of starving children and adults in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Djibouti have appeared on the front pages of multiple news publications, and the UN has labeled it the drought the worst of … Continue reading