JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: December 2011
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting I’ve been called gullible, trusting, “a Pollyanna”, and many more niceties in my life. I have never really minded those labels because they are somewhat true. I like to think that most people are good … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting It’s that time of year again when we are faced with the decision about whether or not to set New Year’s resolutions and then sit down to craft said resolutions. If you are like me, … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Are you currently searching for a job? Make sure you have a game plan this holiday season, because there are plenty of advantages to continuing your job hunt through the holidays. In this week’s Ask … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting We’d like to give a shout-out to all of you who will be open next week (we’re open at JVA, too, except for Monday). While many nonprofits take a break toward the end of the … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Underground and one-on-one generosity typically abounds at this time of year, but due to the recent recession, it seems that this kind of giving has grown even stronger. An anecdote to illustrate my point: A … Continue reading
Are you a holiday junkie who can’t get enough of that seasonal cheer? How about spreading some of it around this year to your colleagues with four simple acts of kindness and holiday fun. 1. Give holiday cards to your … Continue reading