JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: January 2012
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting When executive directors hire new staff members, they want to be sure that the new hire will embrace the established organizational culture. At JVA’s most recent Executive Director Breakfast Club session, participants focused on this … Continue reading
By Robert Jakubowski, JVA Consulting 106. A perfect score. A testament to what can happen when a passionate and focused team is leveraged toward a common goal. So what does it all mean? JVA and Denver Public Schools (DPS) recently … Continue reading
JVA’s Executive Director Academy provides new and learning executive directors with the skills they need to succeed
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As a new executive director in a new organization, Coby Gould found himself seeking answers and tools to prepare for his newfound leadership role at The GrowHaus, a North Denver nonprofit that focuses on food … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting I am about to start my 12th year at JVA Consulting, and I have been a trainer for 10 of those years. During my tenure, JVA’s trainings have expanded and increased in both breadth and … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Expert input: Every JVA Executive Director Academy includes what we like to call the “Genius Bar,” a panel of nonprofit movers and shakers who share their expertise on what it is like to lead some … Continue reading
As our 10th Executive Director Academy draws near we ask our expert trainers how their sessions can benefit today’s busy nonprofit executive director. Here is what Lisa Cirincione, senior associate, grantwriting and resource development, had to say about our grantwriting … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting There are many skills a young nonprofit professional should perfect, but one of those skills is the key to opening all other doors. Above all, a young professional should be well versed and comfortable speaking … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing and Katy Snyder Google, Wikipedia and hundreds of other websites have shut down today in protest of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) legislation … Continue reading