Walk Denver Program Development Intern
WalkDenver is an advocacy group focused on pedestrian safety and experience. Our Vision for Denver is to become a pedestrian-oriented community. We see our city as a network of well-connected neighborhoods that are people-focused, culturally vibrant, active, and economically thriving. For more information please visit www.walkdenver.org.
WalkDenver is seeking a bright, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated graduate student or a recent graduate to develop programs and membership for a new organization that seeks to promote quality, walk-friendly built environment that fosters healthy lifestyles and economic growth. This is a unique opportunity to become involved in a movement at the inception stage.
Scope of Work for Internship
The program development intern will be responsible for ramping up the following programs:
- Design a membership program, including researching membership programs for similar organizations locally and across the country
- Develop an online community outreach and social media program to reach underserved communities
- Design and implement a series of walking events to increase awareness of the benefits of walking for both individual health and for the environment
- Participate in community outreach programs to introduce the benefits of walking to children
- Provide technical support to the Walk Denver Executive Director to complete certification process of Denver as a “walk-friendly” community
- Support the start-up board
The ideal candidate will be a graduate student or recent graduate in urban design, planning or a related field who is passionate about walkability, active transportation and pedestrian-friendly built environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Great communication skills
- Owns a laptop computer
You will have the opportunity to build your resume and portfolio, and meet people who work in the field of sustainable communities design and planning.
This is an unpaid internship; we can arrange for academic credit. You will have an opportunity to network with key players in metro Denver who are focused on sustainability.
Email resume, three professional references and a cover letter stating why you are passionate about this opportunity to:
No phone calls, please.