JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: February 2012
By Wendy Steinway, JVA Consulting At JVA Consulting LLC, our hiring process has been defined as thoughtful, intense, enlightening and torturous by both the job applicants and the staff selected to participate in the hiring process. But all I can … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Twice a year at JVA’s Executive Director Academy (EDA) we invite a panel of local geniuses who are seasoned nonprofit leaders to address our Academy attendees. This February our Genius Bar, as we call it, … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Last year was a busy year on our blog, and we saw some themes emerge in the types of topics that were most popular. We thought we’d share some themes that we saw this year … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On February 14, 2012, JVA’s Executive Director Breakfast Club tackled all things organization. Guest speaker Julie Gutman, founder of Simplify Me, LLC joined JVA and our group of nonprofit executive directors to talk about personal … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting In January, the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported that the nonprofit sector has added more jobs than the for-profit sector over the last 10 years. So what does this report mean for job seekers?
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting If organizing your stuff causes you stress, either because you find it to be a daunting task or you worry you spend too much time on it, there is help. Developing a strategy that works … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting It’s bound to happen: A coworker or superior says something that you don’t agree with. As a young professional, it’s important to learn how to dispute something in a professional, constructive manner. Just because you … Continue reading