JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: March 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As you work to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, there are many roads you can take. Internships, volunteer positions and entry level positions are wonderful learning opportunities, but if you are still looking for … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Many nonprofits have very visible, charismatic leaders. In the wake of the Komen debacle, and the public scrutiny of leader Nancy G. Brinker’s personal life, it seems that increased scrutiny of charity leaders and their … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Developing organizational, leadership and speaking skills is essential to leading meetings, an event we will all likely face someday as professionals (if we haven’t already). Whether the group you are leading is two or three … Continue reading