JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: June 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article recently published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy says that donors plan to be more strategic about giving this year, focusing their efforts on organizations that demonstrate success. If you are a young professional … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Over the weekend, El Pomar Foundation approved $205,400 in funding for firefighting and recovery efforts for wild fires across the state. El Pomar was able to quickly release this funding because of its already-existing Wild … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting In January 2012, in response to requests for ongoing professional development opportunities, JVA launched a new breakfast club series geared toward development directors. Held once a month, these clubs give development directors an outlet to … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting This month, environmentally conscious young professionals can help the planet and save some dough by participating in Bike to Work Day on June 27. Not only will participants reduce their carbon footprint and cut fuel … Continue reading
An article published this morning speaks to the intensity of northern Colorado’s High Park Fire: “more than 600 firefighters and nearly 30 aircraft are continuing to fight a northern Colorado wildfire blamed for one death and damage to more than … Continue reading