JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: July 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Yesterday, Tuesday, July 24, JVA was honored to host a Guest Presentation on Colorado Gives Day with online giving guru Dana Rinderknecht. Rinderknecht, who is the Manager of Online Giving for the Community First Foundation’s … Continue reading
After the tragic shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the premier of The Dark Knight Rises, leaving 12 confirmed dead and 58 injured, the nonprofit community has stepped up to provide care to all affected. While some services are … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting To say that I am biased toward the Girl Scouts is an understatement. I was a Girl Scout for 13 years (yes, 13!), received the Girl Scouts’ highest honor, the Gold Award, along with the … Continue reading
By Stella Carrasco and Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Recently, we (“we” being JVA’s Stella Carrasco and Collin Lessing) found ourselves equally excited for an emerging movement and partnership to prevent suicide among Native American youth that was marked with a … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting For just over a year and a half, I have had the incredible privilege of being a JVA team member. From my time as an intern to my current marketing and communications coordinator position, I … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As you kick back and bask in the summer sun, the ideal summer reading spot can be found at the park, by the pool, or on the plane to and from summer vacation or a … Continue reading
by Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article from the Chronicle of Philanthropy, mentioned in last week’s Ask Amber, demonstrates the importance of engaging donors under 35. While young professionals tend to give less because of financial constraints, they are great … Continue reading