JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: August 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As recruiters aim to keep up with the high volume of applicants and implement creative ways to find the perfect person for their organization, some have turned to group-style interviews to allow more job seekers … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Spellbinders is one of our favorite kinds of nonprofits—the kind that brings together two diverse groups for the benefit of both. In Spellbinders’ case, those two groups are elementary school (and sometimes older) kids and … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, August 15, JVA Consulting was joined by funding experts Art Rimando, former director of youth success at Mile High United Way and Kumella Aiu, program officer at the Anschutz Family Foundation. During an … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting If you’re faced with two jobs you want to apply for within the same organization, is it ok to submit an application for both? The answer is not as black and white as you would … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting As this is my last week at JVA Consulting (I recently accepted a position as the executive director of Team Fort Collins), I would like to share some of my lessons learned as a writer, … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting For socially conscious Bristol Brewing Company and its patrons, “happy hour” is another chance to invest in the Colorado Springs community. A twist on the traditional happy hour, Karma Hour celebrates local nonprofits by donating … Continue reading
By Janine Vanderburg, President/CEO, JVA Consulting JVA’s blog started in the 2008 recession, when the media was making endless comparisons between Wall Street and Main Street. One of our staff quipped: Well, who is talking about Nonprofit Street? This blog … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting It is by no means enjoyable to be denied for a grant, but using the experience as a learning opportunity can make for stronger future proposals—better positioning your organization for success in the next grant … Continue reading