JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: September 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting If you are applying for a job, submitting your application to graduate school or taking any sort of professional calls on your personal phone, it’s important to think of the message your phone etiquette is … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting If you’re staring at your to-do list wondering how to get everything done, then this blog is for you. This blog is also for you if that large lunch you just devoured has you in … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Lately I have been seeing article after article, blog after blog and hearing personal story after story about the value of a professional mentor. For young professionals and/or anyone new to the nonprofit sector, a … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting While you may cringe to hear the words “end-of-year appeal” while it’s still 90 degrees outside, now is the time to start working on your appeal, before it gets lost in the noise of all … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Comparing prospective employers may seem cut and dried for young professionals, but when researching nonprofits, there are a number of factors to consider. Because nonprofit budgets tend to be significantly smaller than those of corporate … Continue reading