JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Cover letters that get noticed: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Socially conscious Halloween: Ask Amber
- Fun and creative ways to thank your donors: Ask Amber
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Economy
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article recently published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy says that donors plan to be more strategic about giving this year, focusing their efforts on organizations that demonstrate success. If you are a young professional … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting A hearing led by Rep. Charles W. Boustany, Jr. (R-La.), Chairman of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight, was held yesterday to discuss issues related to IRS oversight of tax-exempt organizations. The hearing, which … Continue reading
By Robert Jakubowski, JVA Consulting The JVA evaluation team has the opportunity to work with diverse clients across the nonprofit sector. Rivaling the diversity of our clients is the diversity of questions our evaluation team is asked to address. Of … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting In January, the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported that the nonprofit sector has added more jobs than the for-profit sector over the last 10 years. So what does this report mean for job seekers?