JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Foundation news
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, August 15, JVA Consulting was joined by funding experts Art Rimando, former director of youth success at Mile High United Way and Kumella Aiu, program officer at the Anschutz Family Foundation. During an … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Over the weekend, El Pomar Foundation approved $205,400 in funding for firefighting and recovery efforts for wild fires across the state. El Pomar was able to quickly release this funding because of its already-existing Wild … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Last year was a busy year on our blog, and we saw some themes emerge in the types of topics that were most popular. We thought we’d share some themes that we saw this year … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Roughly 48 hours after Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced that it would defund Planned Parenthood’s breast cancer prevention programs at at least 19 Planned Parenthood affiliates, Komen has announced a total reversal to … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Make a Difference Day was held last October across the nation. I wrote about participating in Loveland as part of United Way of Larimer County’s efforts. A very small activity was cleaning the 119-year-old Feed … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Marketing/Communications Coordinator The Nuggets and the Avalanche weren’t the only hot tickets at the Pepsi Center this week. Elton John and Billy Joel were in town on Monday night and performed in front of a sold-out … Continue reading
Transparency has been a common theme on Nonprofit Street over the last few weeks. In today’s economy, transparency is one of the elements that should be in place to build trust among your stakeholders. JVA Consulting recently brought you the … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Contentious issues arose about the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust after Mrs. Helmsley passed away in 2007. The trustees had to sort out the intent of the Trust—primarily due to a single … Continue reading