JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Women
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Roughly 48 hours after Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced that it would defund Planned Parenthood’s breast cancer prevention programs at at least 19 Planned Parenthood affiliates, Komen has announced a total reversal to … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting In war, women suffer disproportionately. Tasked with protecting themselves and often their children, they are also far more commonly the victims of weapons of war such as rape and displacement. Despite this, or perhaps because … Continue reading
By Julia Alvarez, JVA Consulting On Saturday, June 4, 11 JVA staff members will lace up their running and walking shoes to participate in Jodi’s Race for Awareness (JRA), the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance’s (COCA) annual 5K and one-mile race … Continue reading
A report funded in part by the Wallace Foundations shows that philanthropic support women and girls is on the rise, according to a recent Philanthropy News Digest item. The report, Accelerating Change for Women and Girls: The Role of Women’s … Continue reading