JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Philanthropy
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting The holiday season is upon us and as you already know, there are numerous opportunities to give. With a long list of friends and family for whom you must buy gifts and a range of … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Have you been charged with recognizing donors? Do you wonder where your organization would be without its donors? Individual donors at all levels are as essential to your organization as large foundation grants, so be … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting While you may cringe to hear the words “end-of-year appeal” while it’s still 90 degrees outside, now is the time to start working on your appeal, before it gets lost in the noise of all … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting On Wednesday, August 15, JVA Consulting was joined by funding experts Art Rimando, former director of youth success at Mile High United Way and Kumella Aiu, program officer at the Anschutz Family Foundation. During an … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting For socially conscious Bristol Brewing Company and its patrons, “happy hour” is another chance to invest in the Colorado Springs community. A twist on the traditional happy hour, Karma Hour celebrates local nonprofits by donating … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article recently published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy says that donors plan to be more strategic about giving this year, focusing their efforts on organizations that demonstrate success. If you are a young professional … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Over the weekend, El Pomar Foundation approved $205,400 in funding for firefighting and recovery efforts for wild fires across the state. El Pomar was able to quickly release this funding because of its already-existing Wild … Continue reading