JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Politics
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting A hearing led by Rep. Charles W. Boustany, Jr. (R-La.), Chairman of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight, was held yesterday to discuss issues related to IRS oversight of tax-exempt organizations. The hearing, which … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Today marks the 10th anniversary of the start of the war in Afghanistan. According to CNN, the total death count stands at 2,700 troops; of those, 1,780 were American, 382 were British and 157 were … Continue reading
by Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting When the deal to raise the debt ceiling was signed into law August 2, many were relieved that the U.S. would not have to default on its debts, and nonprofits were relieved that for the … Continue reading
If you’re not sure about where you need to go to cast your ballot or if you don’t know if you’re registered or not, here are some resources that will you help get started.
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting On October 18, the Young Nonprofit Professional Network (YNPN) Denver hosted Beer and Ballots—an event that looked at both sides of some of the biggest issues facing Colorado voters. The fast-paced event took place at … Continue reading