JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Executive director training
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Twice a year at JVA’s Executive Director Academy (EDA) we invite a panel of local geniuses who are seasoned nonprofit leaders to address our Academy attendees. This February our Genius Bar, as we call it, … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting When executive directors hire new staff members, they want to be sure that the new hire will embrace the established organizational culture. At JVA’s most recent Executive Director Breakfast Club session, participants focused on this … Continue reading
JVA’s Executive Director Academy provides new and learning executive directors with the skills they need to succeed
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As a new executive director in a new organization, Coby Gould found himself seeking answers and tools to prepare for his newfound leadership role at The GrowHaus, a North Denver nonprofit that focuses on food … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting I am about to start my 12th year at JVA Consulting, and I have been a trainer for 10 of those years. During my tenure, JVA’s trainings have expanded and increased in both breadth and … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Expert input: Every JVA Executive Director Academy includes what we like to call the “Genius Bar,” a panel of nonprofit movers and shakers who share their expertise on what it is like to lead some … Continue reading
As our 10th Executive Director Academy draws near we ask our expert trainers how their sessions can benefit today’s busy nonprofit executive director. Here is what Lisa Cirincione, senior associate, grantwriting and resource development, had to say about our grantwriting … Continue reading
Rewarding staff and volunteers when your budget is thin: Ideas from JVA’s Executive Director Breakfast Club.
By Wendy Silveira-Steinway and Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting We all want to appreciate staff and volunteers for a job well done. Yet many nonprofits may not have the financial capability or structures for things like bonuses or incentive compensation, rewards … Continue reading
Throughout the rest of November, JVA Consulting is holding a contest for one free Training Subscription! All entries will be included in a random drawing that will take place on December 1. We will pick one name from a hat, … Continue reading