JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Volunteerism/civic engagement
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting The holiday season is upon us and as you already know, there are numerous opportunities to give. With a long list of friends and family for whom you must buy gifts and a range of … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Last week, the Aurora movie theater shooting returned to national headlines as victims from the tragic event voiced concerns and frustrations about how funds gathered from donations were being distributed. The story of the Aurora … Continue reading
After the tragic shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the premier of The Dark Knight Rises, leaving 12 confirmed dead and 58 injured, the nonprofit community has stepped up to provide care to all affected. While some services are … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Over the weekend, El Pomar Foundation approved $205,400 in funding for firefighting and recovery efforts for wild fires across the state. El Pomar was able to quickly release this funding because of its already-existing Wild … Continue reading
An article published this morning speaks to the intensity of northern Colorado’s High Park Fire: “more than 600 firefighters and nearly 30 aircraft are continuing to fight a northern Colorado wildfire blamed for one death and damage to more than … Continue reading