JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Cover letters that get noticed: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Socially conscious Halloween: Ask Amber
- Fun and creative ways to thank your donors: Ask Amber
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: baby boomer job board
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting In January, the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported that the nonprofit sector has added more jobs than the for-profit sector over the last 10 years. So what does this report mean for job seekers?
According to service organizations such as Teach for America and the Peace Corps, the floundering economy, coupled with President Barack Obama’s call for service, have resulted in a major jump in applications, The Associated Press reports. Teach for America had … Continue reading