JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Barack Obama
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Janine Vanderburg, President/CEO, JVA Consulting JVA’s blog started in the 2008 recession, when the media was making endless comparisons between Wall Street and Main Street. One of our staff quipped: Well, who is talking about Nonprofit Street? This blog … Continue reading
During his speech in Cairo last week, President Barack Obama vowed to make charitable giving for American Muslims easier, according to a Chronicle of Philanthropy article. Charitable giving (or zakat) is one of the five main tenets of the Muslim … Continue reading
During a news conference Tuesday, President Barack Obama defended his controversial proposal to cap tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans on charitable gifts and use the revenue to help fund his health-care overhaul. While the majority of Americans can write … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder JVA Communications/Resource Associate A few weeks back, we asked if you were feeling optimist about the new presidency, and boy, did you have a lot to say. Of the 140 people who responded to a JVA Consulting … Continue reading
We’re taking a break this week from Nonprofit 911 to bring you some of the highlights (and lowlights) of 2008 for the nonprofit sector. Highlights 1. Barack Obama is elected. Along with extensive personal experience in the nonprofit sector, he … Continue reading