JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: Halloween
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Between the abundance of candy, the cheesy horror films and the desperate search for a costume, Halloween can sometimes be an overlooked opportunity to make social change. Savvy young nonprofit professionals know better, though. Not … Continue reading →
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting UNICEF is putting the “fun” back in fundraiser with a cyber twist on its traditional orange Trick-or-Treat collection boxes. Mashable revealed earlier this week that UNICEF has launched an online costume party, allowing site visitors to … Continue reading →