JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Tag Archives: President Obama
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting In war, women suffer disproportionately. Tasked with protecting themselves and often their children, they are also far more commonly the victims of weapons of war such as rape and displacement. Despite this, or perhaps because … Continue reading
According to a recent article in the The Chronicle of Philanthropy, many nonprofit organizations are probably violating laws in some states because they are collecting donations through online fundraising without letting state authorities know. The article goes on to say … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA’s Vice President of Design and Innovation Imagine a precious fall day. The sun is shining, leaves are gently blowing and you have an open afternoon. You can do chores, go on a bike ride, get a … Continue reading
As the summer began, President Obama encouraged citizens across the nation to take part in an initiative called United We Serve (UWS). The idea behind the initiative is that citizens can contribute to the economic recovery through meaningful volunteer service. … Continue reading