JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: March 2010
By Katie Zaback, JVA research associate Have you ever been in a room where two evaluators are having a discussion about the results of an evaluation? It’s not uncommon for those of us who love statistics to start using what … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA marketing/communications coordinator Every time I see a commercial for the Pepsi Refresh Project running in a primetime slot I can’t help but get excited. If you haven’t heard about the program, Pepsi is awarding grants ranging … Continue reading
By Randi Nelson Ph.D., JVA Senior Research and Evaluation Associate “Let’s see, we could do a focus group. I was in a focus group once,” says one staff member. “Wait, I’m not sure I know anything about actually developing one.” … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting U.S. senators and representatives are thrilled when federal money comes into their respective states. Hence, senators and representatives are often more than happy to sign letters of support for local federal grant applications to add … Continue reading
By Nancy Zuercher, JVA Project Manager and Research Associate The University of Colorado Denver has a program that provides professional development to teachers of English language learners. Once a month, as the program evaluator, I get to join a meeting … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting My friend, Melissa Jensen, is the Foundation Director of the High Plains Library District and she is aptly complementing traditional fundraising efforts with a new method: an online gadget drive. She recently set up a … Continue reading
With Chile still writhing from last week’s 8.8 magnitude earthquake, there are tons of disaster relief agencies working to raise money and send support and supplies. As with Haiti’s recent disaster, a familiar trend is surfacing: text giving. Much like … Continue reading