JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: May 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting As the weather warms up, some young professionals may start dreaming of warm, secluded beaches and all-inclusive cruises. However, there are some who not only dream of the ideal getaway, but also a chance to … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting These days, with the hiring process becoming more and more competitive, employers are taking extra steps to find the best applicant for the position. With this increased scrutiny, it is important for young professionals to … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting A hearing led by Rep. Charles W. Boustany, Jr. (R-La.), Chairman of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Oversight, was held yesterday to discuss issues related to IRS oversight of tax-exempt organizations. The hearing, which … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article from the Los Angeles Times reports that of “recession- era” graduates (those who graduated college between 2008 and 2011), only half are employed. Of that half, many have taken jobs unrelated to their … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Studies such as The Next Generation of American Giving, by Convio suggest that young professionals (Generations X and Y) have the potential to be very committed donors. While many young professionals are already giving to … Continue reading
By Robert Jakubowski, JVA Consulting The JVA evaluation team has the opportunity to work with diverse clients across the nonprofit sector. Rivaling the diversity of our clients is the diversity of questions our evaluation team is asked to address. Of … Continue reading