JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: September 2008
Corporate Pro-Bono Volunteering Campaign Tops $400 Million: Philanthropy News Digest, 9/13 The Corporation for National and Community Service’s new issue brief, Capitalizing on Volunteers’ Skills: Volunteering by Occupation in America, found that while most volunteers do not use their professional … Continue reading
National Survey Identifies Incentives to Attract Talented Career Changers into America’s Classrooms: CSRwire, 9/10 The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation found that 42 percent of college-educated Americans ages 24 to 60 would consider becoming a teacher. Half of those respondents … Continue reading
By Rebecca Baggett JVA Training Manager Providing professional development for your staff helps your organization remain competitive and sustainable by attracting and retaining the brightest employees. However, finding time for professional development can be tough, and securing resources can sometimes … Continue reading
Stigma of Drug, Alcohol Abuse Undermine Nonprofit Fundraising Efforts: Philanthropy News Digest, 8/31 Fundraising is more challenging for groups whose work involves social issues such as drug or alcohol abuse, the Financial Times reports. The stigma of substance abuse, which … Continue reading
Political and nonprofit fundraising can coexist, study says: Philanthropy Journal, 8/21 Direct mail fundraising does not have a noticeable impact on the amount people give to other charities, according to a study by Merkle. Donors to political campaigns are typically … Continue reading