JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Social enterprise bolsters botttom line for nonprofits
- How the Flobots empower youth and create social change through music
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Fundraising
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting By now, you probably know that tomorrow is National Philanthropy Day. What you might not know is that there are many ways to celebrate the day, and some that don’t even require opening your pocketbook. … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting While you may cringe to hear the words “end-of-year appeal” while it’s still 90 degrees outside, now is the time to start working on your appeal, before it gets lost in the noise of all … Continue reading
by Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting An article from the Chronicle of Philanthropy, mentioned in last week’s Ask Amber, demonstrates the importance of engaging donors under 35. While young professionals tend to give less because of financial constraints, they are great … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting In January 2012, in response to requests for ongoing professional development opportunities, JVA launched a new breakfast club series geared toward development directors. Held once a month, these clubs give development directors an outlet to … Continue reading
An article published this morning speaks to the intensity of northern Colorado’s High Park Fire: “more than 600 firefighters and nearly 30 aircraft are continuing to fight a northern Colorado wildfire blamed for one death and damage to more than … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Twice a year at JVA’s Executive Director Academy (EDA) we invite a panel of local geniuses who are seasoned nonprofit leaders to address our Academy attendees. This February our Genius Bar, as we call it, … Continue reading